Must be at least 21 years old on the date of application and fulfill the following general requirements:
- Passed SPM with 3 credits and three 3 years of working experience in related fields (Please click here for Definition of Work Experience) and
- Obtained APEL Certificate (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning) from MQA for admission to diploma (Level 4) and 3 years of working experience in related fields.
Non Malaysian Applicants
Non Malaysian applicants who wish to pursue study in Executive Diploma programme in the University must meet the following general requirements;
- Passed at least O-level with good or other qualification recognized by the Senate and
- At least a score of 550 (PBT), 213 (CBT) or 80 (IBT) in Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or band 6 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or English Language Proficiency Programme (ELPP) Level 6 (Highest); and
- 3 years of working experience in related field.
* Applicants who do not fulfill the requirements of relevant work experience may be considered through interviews
Duration of Programme
The duration of the programme is four (4) semesters which can be completed within 20-24 months on a part-time basis.
Class : Every Sunday
Time : 9.00 am - 6.00 pm
Examination : 60%
Continuous Assessment : 40%
*varies depending on the course
Medium of Instruction
The programme is conducted in English as well as in Bahasa Malaysia.
UM Main Campus, Wisma RnD, UMCCed Learning Centre (PPU)
January, June and October
- Programme Fees
The total fee of all Executive Diploma programs are RM13,900 except for the Executive Diploma in Early Childhood Education (UFD) is RM12,640 inclusive of registration, notes, examination, insurance and other services fees.
- Payment Method
Fees can be paid either in a total or by installment. A discount of RM500 will be given for lump sum payment of the total programme fees.
- Financial Support
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
Applicants are eligible to withdraw from their EPF (Account 2).
ADVANTAGES OF UMCCed EXECUTIVE DIPLOMA
- Recognition of prior learning and work experience
As an initiative to promote lifelong learning among working adults, applicants with working experience of at least three (3) years in related fields will have the advantage of being exempted from 30 percent of 90 credit hours as prescribed for a diploma programme.
- Programme Accreditation
The programme which has been offered since 1998 has been upgraded in accordance with the needs of the current job market while meeting the accreditation requirements of the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). However, as University of Malaya (UM) has acquired the self-accreditation status afforded by the Ministry of Higher Education in April 2010, the university has the autonomy to accredit its courses internally without going through the MQA. Based on the Malaysian Qualifications Framework (MQF), the Executive Diploma is placed at Level 4, which is equivalent to a diploma.
- Certification from University of Malaya
Through this programme, working adults will have the opportunity to obtain certification from the University of Malaya, one of the premier universities in Malaysia. The Executive Diploma is a symbol of achievement and excellence awarded for an individual's success and commitment in meeting the challenges of completing his studies at the university.
- Quality Assurance
UMCCed always emphasises on every aspect related to the structure and content of particular programmes to ensure that all programmes offered meet the requirements of the job market.