Diploma in Human Resource Management
Course Code : UDB
The Diploma in Human Resource Management programme is offered to school leavers interested in pursuing a career in human resource management. This programme will equip students with a deep understanding of the fundamentals of human resource management and expose them to the basic and latest thinking as well as the best practices in human resource management. As organisations currently exist in a dynamic environment of constant change in an era of globalisation, this programme puts human resource management as a critical aspect in the management of organisations.
By the end of this programme, students should be able to:
- Acquire the knowledge and techniques of human resource management in an organisation
- Apply the use of technology in the context of human resource management information systems
- Identify training requirements and coordinate human resources appropriately to maximise the productivity of an organisation
- Build a human resource culture and behaviour in line with organisational goals
- Understand related laws and regulations to develop employer-employee relationship in a work environment
Students must complete a total of 92 credit in order to be awarded the Diploma in Human Resource Management.
They must pass all 25 courses/subjects prescribed as Institution Compulsory Courses, Core Courses and Programme Courses.
Institution Compulsory Courses
|1.||Fundamental of Entrepreneurial Acculturation|| |
|2.||Negotiation Skills|| |
|3.||English Language Proficiency|| |
|4.||Critical Thinking and Effective Presentation Skills|| |
|5.||Introduction to Business and Professional Writing|| |
|6.||Personal Development Programme I|| |
|7.||Personal Development Programme II|| |
|8.||Personal Development Programme III|| |
|1.||Introduction to Management||4|
|2.||Principles of Marketing||4|
|3.||Principles of Accounting||4|
|4.||Principles of Economics||4|
|6.||Business Law and Ethics||4|
|7.||Human Resource Management||4|
|8.||Psychology of Work Behaviour||4|
|10.||Management Information Systems||4|
|1.||Human Resource Planning|| |
|2.||Training and Development|| |
|3.||Compensation and Benefits Management|| |
|4.||Industrial Relations|| |
|5.||Occupational Safety and Health|| |
- Minimum Entry requirements (Malaysian)
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM), Pass SPM/equivalent with a minimum of 3 Credits in any subjects; OR;
- Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM), Pass STPM or equivalent, with a minimum of Grade C (CGPA 2.0) in any subject; OR:
- Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM), Pass STAM with a minimum of Grade Maqbul; OR;
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM), Pass SKM Level 3 in the relevant field and Pass SPM with a minimum of 1 credit in any subject; OR;
- Certificate (MQF Level 3)/Equivalent OR;
- Pass APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning) Certificate; OR;
- Other qualifications recognised by the senate of UM AND;
- Pass in English Language at the SPM level
- International Students who wish to enrol in this programme should fulfil the following general requirements:
O Level, Pass O Level with at least a Full Pass in three (3) subjects or other qualifications recognised by the Senate of UM; AND;
Possess any of the following English qualifications:
- Score of 500 or above for the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT); OR
- Score of 5 or above for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS
The course is conducted in English.
Study Fees and Registration
|UM Campus, Kuala Lumpur|| |
|UM Campus, Nilam Puri, Kelantan|| |
|UMCCed Learning Centre Mantin, Negeri Sembilan |
(Unifield International College)
|UMCCed Learning Centre, Johor Bahru, Johor |
(Malaysian College of Hospitality & Management)
|UMCCed Learning Centre, Petaling Jaya, Selangor |
(Asia College Of Technology)
|* not inclusive of accommodation and transportation fees |
* subject to changes
Fees can be paid either in a total or by installment.
- Natonal Higher Education Fund Corporation (PTPTN), Students are eligible to apply for PTPTPN loan subject to the terms and conditions stipulated by PTPTN. (Please refer to http://www.ptptn.gov.my/)
- Employess Provident Fund (EPF), Applicants are eligible to withdraw from their EPF (Account 2).
The duration of the programme is six (6) semesters which can be completed within 20-24 months.
- Kuala Lumpur
- Nilam Puri, Kelantan
- Mantin, Negeri Sembilan
- Johor Bahru, Johor
- Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Graduates of the Diploma in Human Resource Management have the opportunity to further their studies to a Bachelor Degree in a related field at local universities.
Graduates of the programme are qualified to apply for positions such as Assistant Human Resource Officers at private companies and government-linked companies (GLCs). Graduates are also qualified to hold positions such as Assistant Administrative Officers at government departments and statutory bodies or Executive Assistants in organisations in the private sector.