Professional Certificate In Sports Business Management
Course Code: PCSBM
Sport Business Management is an area of professional endeavour in which a variety of sport-related managerial careers exist. It is now a global business. It is critical that the local and international sports industry employs people with the right qualifications, experience and skills. The University of Malaya Centre for Continuing Education (UMCCed) Professional Certificate in Sports Business Management is precisely the kind of qualification designed for athletes after their retirement from active participation. The industry specific knowledge that students will gain will help them to secure jobs in their respective sporting field and that augurs well for the industry. This course takes a 360-degree look at the sports industry addressing all the needs of stakeholders.
- Obtain a broad knowledge of Sports Business Management concepts with a focus on the sports industry.
- Apply the Management and Business tools to this sector without the constraints of time or location.
- Improve the career choice in the Sports Industry.
- Understand the critical role of what Sports can offer.
- Identify the framework of business in relation to sports.
- Improve any of the sports constantly and promote it globally in the light of its unifying, educational, cultural and humanitarian values.
- Sports Administration & Management
- The Business of Sport
- Media and Communication in Sport
- Event and Facility Management in Sport
- The Economics of Sport
- Development in Sports
- Sport Marketing
- Project Paper and Presentation
- Completed SPM or its equivalent ; or
- Any other qualifications approved by the programme panel; or
- Basic Degree in any discipline, recognised by any local public universities or private colleges.
- Weekend classes
- Specially prepared notes and handouts.
- ïƒ˜Soon to be conducted in the South East Asian Region
- Examination 50%
- Project Paper 30%
- Assignment 20%
- Registration : RM 150 .00
- Course Fee :
- Peninsula Mia : RM 3,800.00
- Sabah/Sarawak : RM 4,500.00
(fees quoted above are subject to 6% GST)
Professional Certificate will be awarded by UMCCed to participants upon successful completion of the course.
- A 6 - months programme with weekend classes.
- Classes will be conducted between 9am - 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Venue will be decided by the programme provider in due course.
- Sport Administration & Management
- Event & Facility Management
- Sports and Leisure Marketing ( Sponsorship)
- Athlete Agent
- Teaching / Lecturing Sports
- Sports Tourism Industry
- Entrepreneurship in Sport