Dance for Children
Based on dance teaching for children approach by Howard Gardner’s “Multiple Intelligences” done among children from pre-school and secondary school. Learning the importance of dance for children. To provide practical teaching to those who participate in dance for children and seek variaty of dance experience available for children in Malaysia. To research on dance sources for children.
At the end of the course, participants are able to:
- Categorize the whole aspects that involve what, why, who and how dance is taught to children.
- Determine the types of dance which can be taught to children.
- Perform creative and innovative way to present dance lessons to children.
- Introduction to Dance for Children. The development of dance for children from the global and local perspectives.
- The body-brain connection.
- Brain research and child development principles.
- Child development principles and Early childhood standards for dance.
- Creative dance and Essential content for children’s dance.
- The principles of Brain-Compatible dance education and Brain Dance.
- Presentation 1: Online Teaching Demonstration
- Designing a dance activity: Warm up and Exploration activity.
- Designing a dance activity: Developing skills.
- Designing a dance activity: Creating and Cool down.
- Assessment tools of dance for children.
- Designing a dance curriculum: A unit plan.
- Best practice in teaching dance for children.
- Presentation 2: Online Teaching Demonstration.
- Review and reflection.
Submission of Assignment.
Puan Tan Chai Chen
Pensyarah, Fakulti Seni Kreatif
Semester 1 2021/2022 (Starting on 18 Oktober 2021, 14 weeks)
Monday/ 1.00 to 2.30 pm
- Certificate of Achievement (with assessment)
- Certificate of Completion (without assessment)
RM1,934 (Certificate of Achievement)
RM1,644 (Certificate of Achievement)