Master in Asean Studies
The Master in ASEAN Studies (MAS) programme provides an advanced level understanding of the political, strategic, economic, and security forces that has shaped ASEAN as well as the wider changing dynamics that continue to impact the Southeast Asian region.
It does so through a consideration of four aspects of ASEAN:
- To offer an analysis of the historical, political and strategic, social and cultural forces that have shaped Southeast Asia as a region;
- To consider the contested nature of theoretical concepts – how the same basic categories are understood in partially different ways in competing theoretical approaches to regionalism and regionalisation, and how some concepts belong more to some theories than to others;
- To assess the institutional arrangements, changing policy agenda and governance issues of the ASEAN; and
- To compare the key characteristics of ASEAN with analogous developments in regional associations elsewhere around the world.
The main aim of this programme is to produce graduates that have advanced and in-depth knowledge of the political, security, economic and strategic issues on the ASEAN region. In addition, the aim of this program is also to expose the students to the policy-making processes in related fields pertaining to ASEAN.
- Academic Qualification: Bachelor’s degree (CGPA 3.00 and above)
- For international candidates whose degree is from a university where the medium of instruction is not English, a minimum score in one of the following standard language tests is required:
- TOEFL test (paper-based) - 550 or higher
- TOEFL test (computer-based) - 213 or higher
- TOEFL test (internet-based) - 80 or higher
- IELTS test (academic) - Band 5.5 or higher
Mode of Study : Coursework
Total All Credits (Sem. 1 + Sem. 2 + Sem. 3 + Elective Courses) = 42 credit
** Elective Courses = 6 credit hours
* 12 credits divided into 2 semesters: 12/2 = 6 credits
** To choose 6 credit hours of elective course from either Sem. 1 / Sem.2 / Sem.3
Fee for local student
Fee for international student
*Subject to approval by the university.
Payment of fees is based on semester subject to the prescribed amount.