Malay Language Proficiency Programme (Advanced)
Malay language for Advanced is a part of Modern Foreign Language programme that is meant for non-native adult learners who wish to continue their learning and advance their competency and eloquence at a higher level. The Malay Language Proficiency Programme is formulated to train participants to become proficient in using Malay language in a variety of contexts skilfully.
- comprehend and interpret the meaning from a range of familiar written discourses.
- provide accurate and appropriate responses following genre-specific conventions.
- use accurate and appropriate vocabulary, expressions and structures to convey precision in language and nuances of meaning in reading and writing.
- use Malay Bilingual dictionaries to understand and use figurative expressions.
- Listen to audio-visual and provide summaries, views and opinion and feedback orally, cloze-passages or in writing.
Participants will be exposed to self-Introduction and meeting new friends, buying tickets, ordering food, making hotel reservations, asking for directions and land marks, transport, visiting doctors, shopping, banking, renting houses and other relevant reading materials.
Who should Attend
Expatriates, foreign students, public (homemakers, retirees etc), Political officers and Malaysian residing or studying abroad.
(Every Monday, Wednesday & Friday)
2.00pm – 6.00pm (120 Hours)
4.00pm – 8.00pm (120 Hours)
Discussions, role plays, practice sessions, interactive and integrated learning, social encounter, presentation, simulations, etc.
- Continuous Assessment : 60% (Exercise, Quizzes, interactive activity and Test).
- Examination :40% (Listening + Speaking + Reading + Writing).
Awarding of Certificate
The certificate will be awarded by University of Malaya Centre for Continuing Education upon successful completion of the course.
Fees can be paid in full or by instalment
- 1 June – 10 August 2020 (Every Monday, Wednesday & Friday)
- 17 August – 28 September 2020 (Every Monday, Wednesday & Friday)